Follow these instructions to install Spotify on Kodi in 2022. As the most popular streaming platform Kodi is even better when paired up with Spotify.
Kodi is one of the best media players in the world and is extremely popular. However, while it’s known for the quality of the video content that it makes available, it’s not as well known as a music system, but that can all change if you follow these instructions.
Today we are going to discuss using Spotify on Kodi in 2022. Spotify is easily one of the most popular music apps in the world and by following these simple instructions, you can easily listen to Spotify on Kodi.
Spotify addon for Kodi
To utilize the Spotify Kodi plugin, you must first set up a premium Spotify account. When using Spotify on Kodi, it will optimize your selections. The Spotify Kodi plugin is a third-party developer community add-on that’s available on the Marcelveldt repository.
Install Marcelveldt Repository to Kodi
This step is probably best done on a laptop or other personal computer as installing the plugin requires downloading the zip file. After going to Github and locating the repository – Marelveldt, use Save Link As from the menu option to save it on your desktop.
- Select the Install from Zip File option and click on it.
- Go to file-opener (open box) and then choose Install from zip file.
- Select the file and then press OK after locating it at the location where you stored it previously.
Alternatively, if you’re on your Kodi device, you can also add Marelvedlt as a repository using the Kodi file manager. In this case, you’d navigate to this URL: https://kodi-community-addons.github.io/repository.marcelveldt/
Use a VPN
It’s worth noting that third-party add-ons are never risk-free. Regardless of how good the developers are at keeping malware out, you can’t trust community add-ons without a VPN. A Virtual Private Network is definitely required, and you should know how it works. There are several reasons that employing a VPN service could be beneficial to you. We don’t encourage the breaking of copyright or state legislation, but it’s your right to secure your devices from snoopers.
If you’re not sure which VPN service to use, check out our list of options for details. Using a VPN with the Spotify on Kodi addon can be useful in providing access to songs that might not be available in your country or region. Having a good VPN that you can depend on is your best protection against censorship.
Steps to Install Spotify Kodi on Kodi in 2022
- Open Kodi media player and go to the Settings
- Select System option
- Click on Add-ons and then enable Unknown Sources
- Click Yes when the message prompts
- Now go one step back to the Settings menu and then click on File Manager
- Double click on Add Source
- A box will open, so click None
- Now enter URL that we talked about earlier – https://kodi-community-addons.github.io/repository.marcelveldt/ and click OK
- Save it with a name you’ll easily recognize like Marcel and click OK
- Go one step back to the Settings menu and then click on Add-ons
- Select Install from Zip File and then look for the option Marcelveldt BETA repository
- Once installed, click on Install from Repository
- Select it and then opt for Music Add-ons. You will see a list of music add-ons from which you select Spotify.
- Then select Install and Spotify add-on is now ready to serve.
- Open Spotify again and Click on Configure. Enter your login credentials and enjoy music on Kodi from the Spotify addon. If you don’t have a Spotify account, you can make one
How to Configure Spotify Kodi Addon?
The menu from where you installed the add-on, look for the option ‘Configure’ and select it. A pop-up will appear that requires username and password. You need to type the email address you use as a Spotify username. Then insert the password and hit OK to lock the settings.
The good news is that you can use multiple accounts on Spotify Kodi addon. To enable this feature, you need to select Enable support for multiple accounts.
Spotify Addon for Kodi: FAQs
Is Kodi Spotify free?
Spotify is a premium music app, but it only offers Shuffle Play to its Free members. The program also allows advertising for free users, which might be annoying at times. There’s no doubting that Spotify was created as a premium music application based on the premium features.
Will I Need a VPN for Spotify Addon on Kodi?
It is not necessary to use a VPN with Kodi addons, but it is strongly advised. Spotify, like other premium services, has region-specific material that isn’t available in countries where the service isn’t licensed. You may still watch this restricted material by changing your device’s region through a VPN.
Can Spotify Addon be Installed on Fire TV Stick?
Yes, Spotify addons are simple to install on Fire TV devices. You will find detailed instructions for this in our FireTV section.
What’s the difference between a Kodi Addon and a Build?
An add-on is a piece of code prepared for one job, such as playing a video or music. Addons are available for everything from Videos to Music to Applications and much more. A build, on the other hand, is a more complicated code that contains numerous addons, skins, wizards, and extra features in order to provide Kodi users with a unified visual experience across all their screens.
Is Spotify Addon Legal?
The Spotify Kodi add-on is 100% legal to use. You may use the free or premium version of the plugin on your device. Other third-party Kodi addons might stream illicit material, but none are available for Spotify as it is the official add-on for Spotify, a licensed service.
It’s really fun to use Spotify on Kodi. The Spotify Kodi addon makes things easy with lots of different search options so that you can explore a huge variety of music. The add-on lets you go through the current playback device and check the login history. You have the freedom of selecting your favorite artists, songs, and albums, and navigation is extremely user-friendly. Don’t forget to install a VPN in order to avoid geo-restrictions, copyright act, and privacy breaches.