The Centry Sports Kodi addon is a fantastic way to access live and on-demand sports content worldwide.
Many sports fans have difficulties finding a reliable online source of their favorite games. Fortunately, the Centry Sports Kodi addon offers a one-stop solution that allows users to easily access and watch sports broadcasts from countries around the world.
It’s a free, open-source Kodi addon that comes with a wide variety of features and allows users to watch their favorite sports events in HD quality.
But is it safe and legal to install? And what devices are compatible? Let’s find out.
Is it Safe & Legal to Install?
Regarding safety and legality, the Centry Sports Kodi addon is safe; however, like every third-party Kodi addon, the question of legality is a bit grey.
Centry Sports does offer access to some streams that may or may not be legal in your country. We always recommend using a good VPN service to keep your activities private, secure and anonymous when streaming content from the internet.
Which Devices Are Compatible?
The Centry Sports Kodi addon is compatible with all devices running on the latest Kodi version.
Kodi can be installed on Windows, Android, iOS, Linux, and Mac devices so you can install Centry Sports on almost everything.
Why you need a VPN
Streaming services are quickly becoming a popular way to access content, but not all streaming is secure. If you’re serious about unlocking the full potential of streaming without compromising your data and privacy, it may be time to invest in a VPN (Virtual Private Network). From improving your streaming speeds to keeping unwanted eyes off your screen, using a VPN when you watch online content can help you get the most out of your stream – and keep yourself safe.
Read on for more information about why having a VPN is essential when it comes to streaming securely.
What is a VPN, and why do you need one?
A VPN gives you a secure method of connecting to a remote network. It encrypts all traffic between your device and the VPN server, ensuring that your data is safe from prying eyes. This can be useful for safeguarding your privacy when using public Wi-Fi networks or for bypassing censorship restrictions.
VPNs are also helpful for accessing region-locked content. By connecting to a VPN server in a different country, you can effectively “spoof” your location and access content that is blocked in your region. This can be handy for watching BBC iPlayer or US Netflix while traveling abroad.
Benefits of using a VPN for streaming content securely
When it comes to streaming content, there are a few essential things to consider. The first is that not all content is available in every location. For example, if you’re trying to watch a show that’s only available on Netflix in the United States, you’ll need to be located in the United States to watch it. The second is that your connection speed matters. If you’re trying to watch a high-definition movie, for example, you’ll need a fast internet connection.
A virtual private network (VPN) like the ones recommended by Top Canada VPN can help with both issues. First, a VPN can help you access blocked content in your location. For example, if you’re traveling outside of the United States and want to watch your favorite US show a VPN can change your location virtually so you can do that.
Second, a VPN can help improve your connection speed. This is because a VPN encrypts your traffic, which means that it travels through a secure tunnel before it reaches the internet. This helps ensure that your data isn’t slowed down by congestion or other factors. In addition, as all of the traffic sent through the tunnel is encrypted, your ISP does not know your activities, so you don’t have to worry about your traffic being throttled.
Install Centry Sports Kodi Addon
When you’re installing a 3rd party addon on Kodi, there are always a couple of hurdles that you need to navigate. Fortunately, the steps are fairly similar, and as you install more add-ons to your device, you’ll become quite familiar with them.
Step 1 – Turn on Unknown Sources
First things first! Enable Unknown sources so you can install the zip file for the repository:
1. Start by going to Kodi Settings. To do that, click the Gear icon, which is highlighted below. You can find this on your screen on the top left under the Kodi logo.
2. There are a bunch of sections on Kodi Settings. Choose System – the icon of Screwdriver & Gear.
3. On Settings / System, go to Add-ons as shown
4. On the right, under General, turn on Unknown sources and wait for the warning message.
5. Kodi’s warning message will warn you about some consequences regarding unknown sources. Choose Yes to proceed (you can always turn this back-off, after you’ve installed the add-on if you feel more comfortable).
6. To change how Kodi updates addons, open Update official add-ons from – below Unknown sources.
7. Choose Any repositories. By default, Official repositories only (default) will be selected.
Step 2 – Install the Repository
1. Browse Kodi’s Settings Menu by clicking the Cog icon under the Kodi logo.
2. Choose the top left-most tile, File manager.
3. Inside are two main options: Profile Directory and Add source. Choose the second one.
Note: You’ll also see other options (repo names) if you have added sources in the past on your Kodi app.
4. On Add file source window, locate and open <None>.
Step 3 – Input the Repository
Enter the official URL of the Centry repository – https://centry7.github.io. After that, click OK & select a memorable name to find the repository later. Then close the window.
Step 4 – Installing the Centry Sports Addon
1. Head to Kodi Settings. Then, explore Add-ons.
2. There are multiple options available inside Add-ons. To install the Centry repository source, choose Install from zip file.
3. Acknowledge Kodi’s notification about manual updates and click Yes to proceed.
4. Choose centry or the name you have set in the previous steps.
5. Click repository.centry-0.0.1.zip.
6. At last, a notification will appear – Centry add-on installed/updated.
Top Canada VPN recommendation
We recommend using a trusted VPN service for safe and anonymous streaming so that no agency can track your credentials. Unfortunately, all VPNs are not created equal. We have shortlisted the Top Canada VPN services for you. Compare their prices, features, coverage, and encryption, and select the one you like depending on your requirements.
Top-notch Security – This VPN uses AES 256-bit encryption and provides multiple protocols alongside other security features such as a kill switch and DNS & IPv6 protection.
The VPN keeps no activity logs and has a built-in kill switch.
Money back guarantee
100% Money-Back Guarantee – If you do not like the service, you can get every penny back if you cancel within 30 days!
Superb speeds – Guarantees a smooth live streaming experience.
Able to work on different devices and allows multiple, simultaneous connections.
Colossal server network – Bypass censorship and ensure you have a fast and stable connection.
Step5 – How to Install Centry Sports addon
Here’s how to access Centry Sports via the Centry repository:
1. To access the Centry repo, choose Install from repository on the same screen.
2. All repos currently installed on your Kodi app will be listed. Choose centry.
3. Pick Video add-ons out of the two sub-sections available.
4. Click Centry Sports to open its dashboard.
5. Press Install on your screen’s bottom right corner.
Note: You can check Centry Sports’ origin, category, versions, and more on its menu.
6. Take a seat and let Kodi install Centry Sports.
7. On success, a pop-up will appear on the top – Centry Sports Add-on installed.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the famous Centry Sports Kodi addon.
How to Use Centry Sports Kodi Addon
Use the following guide to see what you can expect out of Centry Sports:
First, go to Kodi’s home. Then, navigate to Add-ons and open it.
Access Video add-ons, and then from the list, choose Centry Sports to launch it.
Centry Sports is split into two parts, Live TV and Sports.
Let’s start exploring Live TV first.
Inside, the live channels are divided into Daddy Live and USTVGO.
To watch streams of your favorite sports events, open Sports.
There are three sub-folders inside, Soccer Streams, Basketball Streams, and American Hockey Streams.
Note: You can see more folders of different sports.
To watch soccer matches, open Soccer Streams.
Inside, we have a list of live/upcoming games in soccer.
Note: To play an event, click on it and select a link from multiple available.
To stream basketball matches, open Basketball Streams.
A list of basketball events will appear in front of you that are live and upcoming.
Lastly, to watch American hockey events, open American Hockey Streams.
Inside, you’ll find all the upcoming and live matches in a list.